Vary Family


Bessie May VARYAge: 73 years18821955

Bessie May VARY
Birth April 5, 1882 24 22

Note: Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1967
Birth of a brotherNathan Harvey VARY
January 23, 1884 (Age 21 months)
Birth of a brotherHenry Hall VARY
March 17, 1886 (Age 3 years)
Birth of a sisterEmeline Mary VARY
March 17, 1890 (Age 7 years)
Note: U.S. Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014
Birth of a sisterKathryn Ruth VARY
April 27, 1895 (Age 13 years)
Death of a maternal grandfatherCharles HALL
December 22, 1897 (Age 15 years)

Birth of a sisterDorothy VARY
February 1, 1898 (Age 15 years)

MarriageHarry Oscar AYERView this family
June 15, 1904 (Age 22 years)
Note: New York State, Marriage Index, 1881-1967
Birth of a son
Charles Frederick AYER
July 9, 1906 (Age 24 years)

Death of a paternal grandmotherCatherine S. FELLOWS
October 22, 1907 (Age 25 years)
Residence 1907 (Age 24 years)
Death of a paternal grandfatherNathan VARY III
November 22, 1908 (Age 26 years)
Birth of a son
Francis Vary AYER
January 12, 1909 (Age 26 years)

Note: Pennsylvania, Birth Records, 1906-1908
Death of a sonFrancis Vary AYER
February 11, 1912 (Age 29 years)
Cause: Unknown; Probably Indigestion
Note: Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1967
Death of a sonCharles Frederick AYER
August 1912 (Age 30 years)

Death of a motherGrace HALL
June 14, 1914 (Age 32 years)
Death of a maternal grandmotherClarinda J. MILES
June 7, 1917 (Age 35 years)

Death of a sisterDorothy VARY
1921 (Age 38 years)

Birth of a son
Harry Eugene AYER
October 21, 1922 (Age 40 years)

Death of a fatherCharles Edgar VARY
September 21, 1947 (Age 65 years)
Death June 11, 1955 (Age 73 years)

Cause of death: Coronary Thrombosis; Hypertention
Note: Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1967
Family with parents - View this family
Marriage: March 23, 1881
1 year
22 months
younger brother
2 years
younger brother
4 years
younger sister
5 years
younger sister
3 years
younger sister
Family with Harry Oscar AYER - View this family
Marriage: June 15, 1904Newark, Wayne, New York, USA
2 years
3 years
Francis Vary Ayer.jpgFrancis Vary AYER
Birth: January 12, 1909 29 26
Death: February 11, 1912Ulster, Bradford, Pennsylvania, USA
14 years


Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1967


New York State, Marriage Index, 1881-1967 U.S., Marriage Index, 1800s-1999


Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1967

Shared note

She was admitted to the D.A.R. on 20 Oct 1927. National Number 237208.


Travel diary of Bessie Vary Ayer, traveling with husband Harry Oscar Ayer, his brother Fredrick and his wife Bessie October 1947 John Swift originally shared this.

Friday October 3, 1947 We left a quarter to ten. It was a beautiful day. The hills and mountains were lovely, but the color to the trees was not as nice as some years, very little red, until we passed Coudersport. There we had dinner and an elderly couple sat at our table. We found they know Professor S, lived next door to his father. We drove as far as the Mercer, about 75 miles from Akron. Had a very nice tourist home.

Saturday October 4th Arrived at Fred’s a little after 10. Beautiful day. Bessie (Fred’s wife) is having trouble with a tooth, so we went in to Akron to see about it. Called at Fred and Bessie’s daughter, saw her children for the first time. We went to Akron for dinner at Businessmen's Club. A grand meal--waiters, beautiful rooms. Before we went to dinner, we went around the block looking at window displays, lovely things, and they carry out the autumn with the falling leaves.

Sunday October 5 Bessie and I went to Worldwide Communion Church, well filled, with music and good sermon. Fred took us to Robin Hood Inn. It was a grand dinner. At Ohio State University at Kent they have 6,000 students, nice campus. We drove out to call on professor and Mrs. Wilson. She was lovely. Took us to see bird feeding stations, flowers, dogwood trees covered with berries. They chose the land for their home because of the dogwood trees. I thought the window opening on her enclosed porch were a reminder of “Wings at My Window.”

Monday October 6th 1947 Annetta and children called, then we stopped at Mrs. (Florence) Myers for lunch. Left there about 1 o'clock. Came 135 miles to cabins between something green. Napoleon (?) had lunch outdoors; hot tea on new electric plate. Took a walk up the road, then write letters and go to bed. $5 for that day (cabin rental).

October 7 Tuesday The country was pretty and we all were happy at noon as we went to the hotel at Dubuque, Iowa. Had a wonderful dinner. I seem to choose fish when I go out. There is not the beauty of Pennsylvania hills in this country, but enjoy the green open spaces. The corn and pigs through the country are a surprise, after the high cost of pork in Pennsylvania. We drove a long time before finding a cabin, but just outside the town of Sycamore, $5 for cabin. We found a double cabin but very small. They had a great time getting screens and windows. Then the wind blew so hard they struggled to get them down. We ate her supper outside on a bench, and we enjoyed a small watermelon we bought for $0.10. Our lunches and breakfasts seem to taste very good.

October 8th The drives are not thrilling as the land is flat, but we talked about the different kinds of cows, pigs and animals we see. We stopped at gas stations quite often. After our dinner, we go shopping and find something good to eat at night. It rests us, too. The cabins at Hampton ($5) were nice, we had a stove in ours and Harry started a little fire at night. In the morning we got a good breakfast. I had toast. We played Hearts, then went to bed early. We seem to get pretty weary with the long ride. Bessie bought one dozen eggs for $0.43 from the woman who rented the cottage, they were nice and fresh.

Thursday the 9th In Mitchell -- this day was similar to the others, but we found a wonderful double cabin with shower and all. Took a shower a little walk, had a chat with the proprietor’s wife, also with him in his office. Bought postcards and went to bed. Grand bed for sleeping.

Friday the 10th We had a long day. Arose about 5 o'clock and after getting breakfast at Mitchell, we started for the long ride. Drove through the Badlands, and we were all so thrilled because we were so near to the rocks, caves, etc. They look like castles, spires—the formation of rocks is great: rose, yellow, natural, etc. The rock is soft more like clay. We stopped in gift shop which had many things, jewelry made by Indians. I bought an ash tray for Eugene’s birthday.

Saturday the 11th We had breakfast as usual and cabins in Rapid City, then drove out to see the Petrified Forest a few miles out. And old man met us at the place of information and he told us about the specimens. Used in a lamp to show the light reflecting from the many of them. Then we met out in the woods back of building and saw many of the petrified logs. He showed us how he kept specimens of the wood in hot water to draw out oil, then they were polished. We went to the museum in Rapid City and there were many beautiful petrified wood specimens from different states. That from Arizona seems so much more colorful than from Dakota; was much higher polished. The different skeletons of animals found in Badlands were there. The largest animal in world which used back feet and tail to move about, a great killing animal. Original horse with three toes etc. After leaving the museum, we had lunch then started for Black Hills to see the carvings on the mountain.

Monday October 13 We went through museum, saw baby fawn, twins taken from mother after her death, they looked so nice. Saddle of Theo Roosevelt which he gave to some Deadwood citizen. Little images carved by Roosevelt when he was recovering from sickness. A room dedicated to pioneers, all sorts of furniture. Different minerals, guns, etc. In evening played cards.

October 14 We started for Spearfish Canyon-George’s cabin (George Wolfe originally of Shesehquin). Fred driving, road narrow and rough. The road machine met us and piled dirt and stones in the middle of the road. Fred struck a rock, we felt quite a jar. After a bit we smelled gasoline, and got out and the gas was pouring out of the car. He drove as fast as he could and we stopped when we had to. Harry and George went to call for a wrecker. We ate lunch on a concrete wall. In about one hour they came and took us as far as the cabin. Then Fred steered his car. George went with wrecker; they returned in George's Ford. They decided to stay overnight, as there was a little store near and we could get eats. We played cards in the evening, had such a good time that we stayed the next day and night. We had good eats. George got most of breakfast, Bessie and I did most of work as Mabel has bad back. I got some leaves and vines also cones and sent to Betty Holcome. Fred had a wild ride steering car behind the wrecker.

October 15th Spent day at cabin. It rained but George took us for a drive and we bought things for dinner: peas, corned beef, pickles, milk, and bread. Mabel had potatoes, onions, carrots sticks, boiled rice and raisins. So we ate much, played cards. Deer, ten or a dozen, right in the road by the house.

October 16th We drove into Deadwood (South Dakota) from Spearfish Canyon this morning. Found the car repaired but decided to wait till morning to start for Montana. Harry and Fred and I went home went to HomeStake Mines (was the largest deepest gold mine in N America). Helen, Bessie and I did some shopping at Lead (S. Dakota) while they were there. And evening we packed up. They played cards and went to bed early as we were all very sleepy.

Friday October 17th We started about 9 o'clock. The drive-through Montana was not as thrilling as Dakota. Miss the beautiful hills and trees. We had the great open spaces, mostly could see many miles. Hardin was where we stayed overnight.

Saturday October 18th We are up early and made the trip in good time, reaching Great Falls about 4 o'clock. Eleanor is a gracious hostess, her husband and baby very nice. We have had splendid eats. Elk T-bone steak for one meal. Her husband is in ice cream locker milk business and brings home much food.

Sunday October 19th We had a grand breakfast, then we three women went to church. Drove to Wishart, high in the mountains where Bessie used to live. We sure like all this country. I had T-bone steak for supper.

Monday October 20th Did big washing. Expect to go to Bessie's ranch. We went, found the road very narrow, the house neat and clean, but regular ranch affair: turkeys, chickens, pigs, etc. We sat in the car while Bessie did business. The wheat fields were nice and green.

Tuesday October 21 Big day even though it rained and snowed. We went through stores, bought a few things. Went to court house, saw stuffed pelican, water birds, etc. Then we saw live swans in the park. One Black Swan lost his mate and mixed with white, result -- dirty grey mixture. Went to hospital and I waited in lobby. Catholic hospital, nuns in black and white. Very nice things in store. Fred had car repaired once more.

October 22 We are going to museum and to camp today. It was to see the pictures and collection of the Montana artist, and was placed in a log cabin. Wonderful pictures etc. We went out to see different dams in Montana and out to their cabin in mountains about 5 o'clock. Road so terrible, distance 80 miles, 20 of which was gumbo and bad roads. We arrived about 9 o'clock, thankful to have arrived. Found a lovely large log cabin, two beds. On the way we passed or went along with 1,600 sheep. It was a great sight. The dogs would make them go where they should better than the shepherd. Large heating stove. In morning we looked out on beautiful snow-covered mountains, so returned right after breakfast.

October 23 Thursday After arriving from mountains, we had lunch and then drove to many different dams and springs. In the evening, met with Dr. Roy and Mrs. Severnce, dentist, Great Falls, Montana. Had a great dinner and visit. She had large candles and flowers on the mantle, nasturtiums on table, marigolds, etc, and it is the end of October. Have enjoyed flowers all along South Dakota and Montana. Ours were frozen before we left.

October 24th Friday Went to Catholic Cathedral, the most beautiful windows I have ever seen. We reached Whitehall (Montana), after having dinner in Helena, but the day was grand. Got a cabin just out of Whitehall, had supper and played cards. Drove past Maude (Ayer Manier) and Frank's (Manier) Place, it looked quite nice (their homestead).

October 25 Went out to find Frank, but he was away. Then we drove on about 2 miles, good roads and beautiful scenery. Have a nice cabin at St. Regis, Montana, following Lewis and Clark route.

Sunday October 26th We started this morning a little after 9 o'clock. The rain kept up until nearly noon. We passed through the most beautiful scenery of the trip, tall pointed trees, making the road ahead seem like we were in a cathedral of trees. We worshipped God in the out of doors today following Lewis and Clark route, was still a great thrill. We passed through Lewistown and Clarkston and along the Snake River. We ate dinner at Desert Hotel. Looking down on Lewistown, was wonderful from the mountains above. The roads wound in and out all down the mountain, great feat of engineering. Stayed overnight in Pomeroy.

Monday October 27th We started about 9 o'clock, it was raining. About 11, we reached Walla Walla, a beautiful town and such monuments to Marcus Whitman College, music school, hotel, monument. I felt his spirit was far above the material spirit of the city, but was glad to have been at the place. We stayed all night at Grass. It rained hard at night

Tuesday October 28th We started in the rain and it kept up until noon. We had dinner at Bend (Oregon), the best dinner we have had, beautiful hotel. We drove over 100 miles through the beautiful forest trees, reaching the sky. It began to snow and for about 10 miles, it was hard driving, but the snow on the trees made a picture I will always remember. We hoped to go to Crater Lake later, but it was no day to do that. We are near Medford, Oregon. We will go there in the morning.

Wednesday October 29th We arrived at Winnifred’s about 9:30, she has a lovely home and the town is beautiful with flowers, holly growing in the yard, roses, daffodil. It really seems strange seeing all these things in November. The family is very nice. Betty and Frank living with mother. Norma married and coming in for lunch each day. Harry and I walked up to town and through the park nice hotels and stores.

Thursday October 30 We drove out of Jacksonville, the oldest town in Oregon. Went to the cemetery, and it was interesting. The trees were unusual, the laurel tree leaves just like the laurel bush home, but they are tall trees and it has red berries and a queer bark brown and peeled like our sycamore. There was such a large growth of ivy, manzanita, a bush with beautiful red berries grown around the town. I gathered quite a bit of green and sent a box to Betty Holcomb.

Sunday Went to church at Presbyterian, fine choir, sermon. In the afternoon, Frank and Norma’s husband, Harry O, and me drove out to get mistletoe. He went up the big oak tree like Tarzan and got such a lot.

Monday It rained so much we could not go to Crater Lake, so we packed boxes of mistletoe and send to different people. I hope they will enjoy them.

Tuesday Still raining.

November 5th We started for California, sunshine all day. The drive through redwoods was wonderful. Then we came to the ocean, and that was a thrill. There was the beautiful sunset. We found good cabins, but they are expensive, out here $7 per night.

Thursday November 6th We had a wonderful drive again today, through redwoods, so much of laurel trees with red berries. We drove the car through a redwood tree. Saw stump-house, also saw tree house, large room hollowed out of trunk. At our Camp Pine we had branches from several kinds of trees given us as we came in.

Friday We stayed in Mill Valley, just out of San Francisco. Nice cabin, but could not cook. We went out to eat. But Bessie didn't want much and I was just about sick. I went to bed and stayed till morning. We had a great day in San Francisco. Drove down by the ocean, saw piers, and it was some sight. Went up to University of San Francisco, then to dinner. Then through the park 40 miles of road, in and out. Saw aquarium building: for African animals, North American building of natural history, at what we thought to be civic building outside with a pond and so many ducks and swans. It was really funny.

Saturday Drove around San Francisco, saw the flowers at Shakespeare Garden.

Sunday Left Atwater this morning, and by noon we were in Yosemite. The beginning made me think of Rock City, but finally there were trees, tall and majestic and redwoods and pines and manzanita. Big redwood trees 21 1/2 feet in diameter, 218 feet tall. Drove through tree, saw grizzly tree. So many young fawns and Harry O. gave one crackers; it came up to the car. We went through plenty of snow on our way to Glacier Point and Washburn Point, the Bridal Veil Falls. Saw large Glacier Point Hotel, many young people were ready to hike. We had a cabin engaged in the heart of Yosemite, and we were lost for a time trying to get back 4 miles from the south entrance. A yellow car of young people must have skidded up mountain, then across the road and landed in the snow. Harry and others got them on their way. We had a beautiful sunset as we drove back from Glacier Point. Our cabin contained a good wood stove. Had to go across the yard to the bathhouse, and it was some cold by morning.

Monday We went on through the park and it was lovely, went down to the bottom of the drive, saw Mirror Lake. I picked up acorns. Yosemite Falls -- the water came dashing down over very large rocks. It made quite a roar. Cascade Falls; had dinner at the Inn, bought a few things at the store. We drove all afternoon and spent the night in a cabin about 25 miles from Fresno. Saw beautiful western blue jays.

Tuesday We drove to Sequoia Park. It was somewhat different, the hills not so beautiful, but when we reached the real Sequoia Park, it was thrilling to see. The Sentinel standing near the coffee shop where we ate, the shop was very attractive, had persimmons hanging with green leaves a trimming. For Halloween we saw the largest living growing thing, the giant Sherman tree, then was Lincoln, Grant, McKinley. I got two very large cones. We passed so many orange lemon groves, saw the smudge pots. Saw many fields of cotton.

Wednesday We drove to Pasadena today. Had dinner in a coffee shop in Sierra Nevada Mountains. The scenery was not as thrilling as beautiful as we had had, small trees on rolling hills and lots of sagebrush. Made me think of Zane Grey's Riders of the Purple Sage. Amy McPherson weekend home on mountain, with a great view looking down on Elsinore Lake. El Camino Real, the king’s highway we passed over. Old Friars Franciscan monks traveled over that and established missions. Visited mission. Harold Bell Wright ministered at Congregational Church in Redlands. His residence is still here. Eyes of World written about people here. He describes view of town, wealthy people, place still closed. Seventh-Day Adventists own vast acres, have hospitals, schools, food health factories, have Junior College. 600 young people took pledge to aggressively do away with drinks. Mira Loma, Loma Linda, Redlands Sanatorium, & Hospital Seventh Day Adventist. Mother of navel oranges: saw the tree also mother of grapefruits. Went to Presbyterian Church; Jobs Daughters, of Masons, De Molay—sons of Masons.

The Hopi have school here and it is excellent hall, music, home, agriculture, trades. Wonderful for them, brick buildings.

Friday November 15th We came to Laura's at Riverside; are having a grand visit. George has lots of flowers: calla lilies will blossom later, an orchid tree besides the window. It blossoms in June. Leaves fall off and blossoms show their leaves come again. Laura's brother Charles Bragne drove and took us up to Precipitation Point, Sierra Madre Mountains. Harry thought it one of the nicest views we have had, looking down on the oranges. I love lemon orchards; it was a picture, then Elsinore Lake. The remains of Camp Haan-- March Fields jet propulsion.

Sunday November 16th We went to church at Calvary Church. Quite a thrill to find church filled when we arrived. We sat in the front. Wonderful music.

November 17th In the morning, Laura's friend Mrs. Metcalfe took us for a wonderful drive over the city. In the afternoon Mrs. (?), who lived on the mountain overlooking the city, came to get Laura to babysit. Harry and George went along and they climbed to the top of Baldy and looked all over the county. When she returned, she picked a bouquet of beautiful roses, chrysanthemums. We enjoyed the experience.

Tuesday November 18th Laura's brother Charles came in the morning and said he was ready to take us for a trip. We went to Palm Springs, and out where the palms originally date palms grow. It was a sight to see. On the way we saw growth of palm trees with paper bags over the dates to keep the frost off. We had a date milkshake, and it was rich. We saw parent sour orange tree, which grew from seed and they grafted 8 varieties of fruit. We saw grapefruit, lime, lemon, orange and tangerine all growing on the trees. Heard of the play staged on the mountains which covered HH Jackson's Ramona, which they play each year. Saw Jauscinta where Ramona lived in her youth. She lived with Philip's mother in San Diego. Went to Redlands on Saturday before Thanksgiving.

Augusta came for us about 4 o'clock. We had a fun drive, and found them living in a beautiful home overlooking the mountains. When we drove to the door, she said: Harry you visit with Max, it's best, and I have to go to a tea party. It was ladies of a secret organization PEO. They own a college in their own right, and do good along that line. It was at home with Mrs. Dike and she was a charming person. Very large pansey bed in front of homes, other flowers. Her son Phil Dike is internationally known artist. I saw several of his pictures, some are a bit too modern for me, but one of a railroad station and the old timers waiting for a train was excellent. I met Mrs. Gordon Seagrave whose husband wrote Burma Surgeon. I did enjoy the women, they were so friendly. We drove to the University of Redlands, 1,000 students, it was built in 1909. They have the open Greek Theatre, very fine buildings and grounds. Zanja Indians built original irrigation ditch, and we passed by it. We drove through the Yucaipa Indian name for the village. It is rather small, but raises peaches, cherries, plums and poultry. Water is holding them back, they must find a new supply. We passed by the house, the Holt House, Spanish arch. People who lived in it mentioned in Winning of Barbara North by Harold Bell Wright.

Also saw house of woman who seduce young men in the Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright. All this was Monday before return to Laura's. Went to regular club meeting at their club house which is beautiful large stage curtains soft green in background. Speaker said women’s clubs are the conscience of America. Large bouquet before them. President and secretary seated by mike platform; rust curtains at front of stage. Splendid Indian songs by two girls, one piano dressed in party dresses.

Sunday We went to Congregational Church. Ralph Van Dyke singing in the choir, also a deacon active at communion. Saw Edna after service. We went to San Bernardino for dinner at California Hotel, then for a drive over the mountains to Arrowhead Lake. Quite a bit of snow on the road but we reached Redlands okay. Rodney Kramer and family called, after that we had lunch around fireplace. Tamales, Mexican food, salad, persimmon pudding, ice cream. Rex Cran, wife and baby called. Baby seem to like me, came to my arms.

Monday In morning, Augusta drove around the mountains through the city and out to call on her son Rex who lives in a cottage very near the mountains. We had lunch, then left Harry O. to enjoy new magazine and we went to Women's Club at Clubhouse. The most wonderful Clubhouse, women pay $10 per year dues, and they nearly always have speakers. This was a talk and picture about Indians Baptist College for Indians, an appeal to give Indians a chance. Were dressed in party clothes and added much to the beauty of the stage which had olive green curtains in back and rust in front and fernery of blueberry leaves and chrysanthemums. Light lunch served at each meeting. After this, Augusta took us to Riverside where we were welcomed with open arms by the Watkins. We drove around Redlands College, too.

Tuesday Will include all week all in one. We visited, ate in yard, ironed, washed, laughed at the duck as it waddled after George. Harry had driven all over the city with the fire chief Charles Jr. Went shopping and spent Thanksgiving with Charles and family. But we went to Mormon Church service very nice, a doctor gave a nice talk, fine music. Our dinner was delicious and service dishes, etc. pretty. Had roast chicken, mince pie, ice cream.

Friday After Thanksgiving, the Ayers came for us and we went to Mission Inn for lecture, then lunch at cafeteria and back to George's. Then the drive to Dr. Barton's. We called at G Walkers in Pomona. Maude (Harry O’s sister) and Frank Manier lived next door to them, showed us church where they attended, place where she was killed by a car crash. Saturday at Dr. Barton's, in p.m. went to San Gabriel Mission San Gabriel Mountains overlooking Dr. Barton's home.

Sunday Went to Presbyterian Church. Dr. Palling Minister, brother of Dau minister. Light lunch, then to HE Huntington Library and Art Gallery, then to Columbia Broadcasting and Los Angeles. Then to Chinatown dinner and did the town. Then through Mexican streets, as good as being in Mexico.

Tuesday Dec. We washed and did several things. Then Mrs. Barton suggested driving to Odondo, Long Beach on the Pacific Ocean. We ate in the lovely park beside the water, lots of birds, ducks and loons to look at. Dr. drove to another part and there we had the thrill of seeing the water - on the shore also, many ducks flying on the water, they came to the sand before we left. All these drives seem to end at the close of the day, when the sun is setting, and we get great thrills over it. I was so weary when we reached home that I went to our room into bed trying to read Barbara North but couldn't do much.

Wednesday We were busy this morning, and I baked bread. Then we drove to Pony Express, which was a collection of antiques by one man, and they're everything. They're great collection of bedroom crockery, old kid gloves, the bar where Mark Twain spent much time. Went through train Pony Express many old relics: hair cloth trunks, oil lamps to light the train. Horse models and coaches in one building were closed; only iron gates as people were taking bits away as souvenirs. One large butter bowl seemed too big but was family size. Carrie Nations hatchet double bitted hatchet, red under drawers, high shoes--one, pink and other white. Horse baby buggy, size of freight wagon, 10 tons, largest horse-drawn old sidewalk wooden handrail fence at opening. Great collection of Indian relics. Old railroad station and looking at it I saw one of the most beautiful sunsets, spruce trees in the front giving color. We rushed home, prepared apple, avocado, nut date cabbage, pomegranate seed salad. Went to church night with Dr. Barton's. They had a guest, Mrs. Haughton of Akron. We enjoyed the supper the talk by Dr. Polling. When we returned to Dr. Barton’s, we played cards and had a grand time.

Media objectBessieMayVary_and_children.jpg
Format: image/jpeg
Image dimensions: 1,264 × 960 pixels
File size: 190 KB
Type: Photo
Note: Proposed identities of children: (L to R) Charles Frederick Ayer 1906-1912, Francis Vary Ayer 1909-1912, and their cousin, the son of Frederick Eugene Ayer, Edward B Ayer 1909-1914.
Media objectBessie May & Nathan Harvey VaryBessie May & Nathan Harvey Vary
Format: image/jpeg
Image dimensions: 103 × 160 pixels
File size: 6 KB
Type: Photo
Media objectBessie May Vary Ayer Obituary; Star-Gazette, Elmira, NY, 12 Jun 1955, Sun., page 4.JPG
Bessie May Vary Ayer Obituary; Star-Gazette, Elmira, NY, 12 Jun 1955, Sun., page 4.JPG
Format: image/jpeg
Image dimensions: 460 × 646 pixels
File size: 237 KB
Type: Photo
Media objectBessie M Vary and Harry O Ayer Married; Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester, NY; 17 Jun 1904, Fri., page 4.JPG
Bessie M Vary and Harry O Ayer Married; Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester, NY; 17 Jun 1904, Fri., page 4.JPG
Format: image/jpeg
Image dimensions: 467 × 309 pixels
File size: 57 KB
Type: Photo
Media objectBessie M Vary Ayer Dies; The Evening Times, Sayre, PA; 13 Jun 1955, Mon., page 10.jpg
Bessie M Vary Ayer Dies; The Evening Times, Sayre, PA; 13 Jun 1955, Mon., page 10.jpg
Format: image/jpeg
Image dimensions: 156 × 539 pixels
File size: 17 KB
Type: Photo
Media objectBessie Vary Ayer on the left, and her Vary siblings.jpg
Bessie Vary Ayer on the left, and her Vary siblings.jpg
Format: image/jpeg
Image dimensions: 489 × 596 pixels
File size: 27 KB
Type: Photo